The Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) is the national administrator of the Building Operator Certification (BOC) program. NEEC has secured a number of partnerships and collaborations for the BOC program.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training
NEEC has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, NEEC has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of its Authorized Provider status, NEEC is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its BOC program that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Green Building Certification Institute
The Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) has approved BOC® Level I classes as continuing education training for LEED® professionals seeking to maintain their credentialing requirements. This meticulous approval process, with extensive reviews from third-party experts, gives the BOC® program excellent exposure to a diverse green workforce.
LEED® Accredited Professionals and LEED® Green Associates need continuing education hours, 30 and 15 respectively, every two years to maintain their LEED-AP and LEED-GA standing. Each of the seven BOC Level I classes provides from 8 to 16 hours toward this requirement. We look forward to providing LEED® professionals with training in this dynamic field of energy-efficient facilities operations.
GSA CONTRACT HOLDER
General Services Administration
Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) is an approved contractor for the General Services Administration and holds a Facilities Maintenance and Management – Schedule 03FAC contract by the procurement arm of the federal government. Federal, State, and local agencies can obtain information about NEEC’s GSA Schedule 03FAC contract services on the GSA Advantage web site at: www.gsaadvantage.gov (search for Contract Number:GS-21F-093BA) or by contacting NEEC and the BOC program directly at 1-877-850-4793. NEEC’s services are offered under the Special Item Number (SIN) 871-203, Training on Energy Management and the award is effective May 21, 2014 to May 20, 2019.
BOC is accredited for continuing education by the following organizations:
- The BOMI International accepts BOC classes for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points towards renewal of the professional designations offered by BOMI Institute.
- Building Operator Certification – BOMI International Partnership
BOC and BOMI offer additional education opportunities for both organizations by awarding competency credit between BOC Level I and II and BOMI International’s Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT) designation. BOC graduates are eligible to receive competency credit for two of the five SMT designation courses.
- The American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute recognizes BOC classes for continuing education points for the Certified Engineering Operations Executive (CEOE) recertification program.
- The National Association of Power Engineers (NAPE)
- California State University (CSU) and the University of Maine offer continuing education units for completion of BOC classes.
- National School Plant Management Association (NSPMA) members are eligible for training and credentialing opportunities through the BOC program.
- The California State Employees Trades Council (SETC) recognizes BOC as a component of the critical skills bonus plan. Under this agreement, University of California and California State University employers may award a bonus to employees who obtain a BOC certification. See the California State University Collective Bargaining agreement SETC. Click on Article 24 (Salary) and scroll down to Article 24.38.